Wednesday, December 3, 2008

December 3rd, 1999

Jefferson Russell Moore was my best friend, my closest ally, my life and my heart. He was taken from me on the 3rd of December in 1999. He died in a tragic car accident, I haven't been the same since he has been gone. Jeff was the light of my life, always quick to cheer you up and make you smile. He had a heart of gold and he was taken from us much to soon.

People always come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. When I 1st met Jeff, I never knew that I would have needed him the way that I did. I never knew that this person that I only knew for a few months would get me through the death of my Mother. Jeff came to me for a specific reason. To be there at the hospital when the Dr. told me my Mom died, to hold me when I cried myself to sleep and to pick me up when I felt like giving up. He was my rock, he was my everything.....little did I know he would be joining my Mother a month and a half later.

I was so angry, I was furious that my Mom would be taken from me and now the one person that knew how to take care of me was gone too. It took a long time, years in fact before I realized why he came into my life. Jeff met my need at the time and that was it, it was time for him to go. I was so blessed to have him in my life and losing him helps me to cherish everyone in my life. I know what its like to have someone stolen from you. One day here and the next day gone. Jeff taught me a lot of things during his short time here on earth and I just hope that you get something from this. Please know that life is too short to be angry, bitter, resentful or filled with hate. Love everyone and know that in a blink of an eye, they could be taken from you.

This is me and Jeff in Nov. 99, 1 month before he died.

Jeff.....I loved you the moment I laid eyes on you, its like my heart knew right then and there, that you were my angel. I miss you everyday of my life and I can't wait to see you once again in heaven.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a nice, touching tribute to your freind. I'm sorry for your loss but I'm encouraged by your positive, upbeat attitude about it all. Your outlook is admirable.
:)